Life is in the power of the tongue. – “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21).
When you begin a new day, where do your thoughts take you? Are they positive? Or do they tend to be more negative? Did you know our lives move in the direction of our most active thoughts?
It’s time to fight back against negative thinking by speaking positive truths to renew your mind. As today’s scripture tells us, the words we speak are powerful. You can declare, I am dumb, useless, and worthless. Or you can declare, I am lovable, one of a kind and His masterpiece. (Ephesians 2:10) Declarations can even help to overcome anxiety and experience happiness. “Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad.” (Proverbs 12:25) The choice is yours to make.
How do you begin to renew your mind and live a more positive life? First, you make a list of positive statements (affirmations/declarations/confessions) and then recite them out loud daily. At first, you may feel silly reading/speaking them out loud or struggle to believe they are true, but when you say them, you are writing them in your heart.
Let’s get started and live a more positive life! Here’s a few to help you begin:
- I declare… I have the wisdom of God to make the best choices and decisions. (James 1:5)
- I declare… I am kind and tenderhearted to others. I forgive them as God in Christ has forgiven me (Ephesians 4:32).
- I declare… I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
- I declare… I prosper in all things. I remain in health just as my soul prospers (3 John 1:3).
- I declare… God abundantly blesses my provision (Psalm 132:15).
- I declare… God blesses me and surrounds me with favor. (Psalm 5:12).
- I declare… I am blessed to be a blessing (2 Corinthians 9:8-11)
- I declare… I am careful about what I say. (Psalm 141:3).
- I declare… Fear does not have control in my life. (2 Timothy 1:7)
Pick a few from the list above or write your own statements. Make sure what you speak is positive—focus on what you want, not what you don’t want. Line it up with scripture and be bold—show God how you trust Him. Place it where you are going to see it: In your notebook, on your wall or on your phone! Then read them daily!
When we let declarations and scriptures take root in our hearts, our thoughts and feelings change into truth, and positive things happen.